Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your visibility in social media
Does your research provoke debate?
You can follow the conversation and the attention your research has got in social media with the Altmetric Explorer -tool. See e.g. tweets, blog posts, downloads and shares of your research.
What is Altmetrics
Altmetrics (article level / alternative metrics) tracks research visibility in social media and other online platforms.
- How much an article is viewed, liked, shared, downloaded, recommended or discussed online.
- Altmetrics try to answer who is saying what about research.
- An early immediate indicator of research's later impact, where bibliometrics is slow to accrue.
- Provide information about different types of research impact like social, economic and cultural impact when bibliometrics (citations) may reflect only scientific impact.
- You can download Bookmarklet Altmetric it! to see altmetric for specific article.
- is an altmetrics service which tracks the online attention and activity to research and researchers
- collects relevant mentions from social media sites, newspapers, policy documents, blogs, Wikipedia etc.
- tracks scholarly identifiers like DOI, PubMed ID, ISBN, Handle, arXiv ID, ADS ID, SSRN ID, RePEC ID, URN, ClinicalTrials.gov record, URL (custom service)
- follows different sources, identifies such research outputs (journal articles, datasets etc.), which have identifiers attached to the output (DOI, PubMedID etc.) and collects mentions in the sources.
Altmetric Explorer This link opens in a new windowAltmetric Explorer on altmetriikkapalvelu, joka tuo esiin tutkimuksen verkkonäkyvyyttä. Tietokannan avulla voi tarkastella tutkimuksen saamaa huomiota sosiaalisessa mediassa, kuten lataus- eli käyttömääriä, suosituksia, jakoja sekä tallennuksia kirjanmerkkipalveluihin.
Altmetric Explorer is an intuitive platform that enables you to monitor the online activity surrounding academic research. Altmetrics focuses on social media e.g. amount of discussions, mentions, downloads, recommendations, and shares.
- You can use Altmetric Explorer on the campus like other databases. For remote access log in with your tuni account via the Databases A-Z list.
- If you want to save searches, you can create a user account.
- Use your university email address when creating the account.