Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Journals on citizen science
Keywords for searching in databases
If you want to search for research on citizen science in, for example, Andor, try with terms:
- "citizen science"
- "citizen social research"
- "participatory science"
- crowdsourcing AND science
Articles on citizen science
- Guardian Nov 2020. Piesing, Mark. The rise of citizen science: can the public help solve our biggest problems? Topics: Future of education - Universities.
- Adam Hart (Apr 6, 2022) Learning from others – marketing the science and engaging the citizens. CS Track.
- Groot, B., Abma, T. Ethics framework for citizen science and public and patient participation in research. BMC Medical Ethics 23, (2022).
- Strasser, B. J., Baudry, J., Mahr, D. et al. "Citizen Science"? Rethinking Science and Public Participation. Science and Technology Studies 32, (2019).
- Sauermann, H, Vohland, K, Antoniou, V et al. Citizen science and sustainability transitions. Research Policy 49, (2020).
- Fraisl, D., Campbell, J., See, L. et al. Mapping citizen science contributions to the UN sustainable development goals. Sustainability Science 15, 1735–1751 (2020).
- Aisling, I. No PhDs needed: how citizen science is transforming research. Nature 23.10.2018, News feature.
Books from the library e-collections
Citizen Science Innovation in Open Science, Society and Policy by This book identifies and explains the role of citizen science within innovation in science and society, and as a vibrant and productive science-policy interface. The scope of this volume is global, geared towards identifying solutions and lessons to be applied across science, practice and policy. The chapters consider the role of citizen science in the context of the wider agenda of open science and open innovation, and discuss progress towards responsible research and innovation, two of the most critical aspects of science today.
Publication Date: 2018
Citizen Science: Public participation in environmental research by Here, experts from a variety of disciplines share their experiences of creating and implementing successful citizen science projects, primarily those that use massive data sets gathered by citizen scientists to better understand the impact of environmental change.
Publication Date: 2012
Learn about citizen science on an online course